Monday, June 23, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons....

The new schedule dropped Saturday night and I was eager to find out when I'd be working over the Fourth of July. Things were going well and I'd been scheduled good shifts with plenty of hours the week before. I also knew lots of people had asked for the fourth off and, since I wasn't going home, I wanted to work as much as possible. Well you can imagine my disappointment when the only times I was scheduled were Friday and Saturday night 7:00 pm- 1:00 am. Ten hours?! I was bummed, to say the least. Furthermore, I didn't really enjoy the girls I was working with at the time. They either didn't talk or talked about partying at PI (Pleasure Island) or gyno issues and honestly, I just don't care. For a minute, I wanted to go home. I missed my family and my friends. It was Saturday night- I wanted to play in Utah. I longed for the mountains and wake boarding. I missed-- PAUSE! Suddenly I recognized I was pouting because I'd been gived an awesome opportunity. How seriously skewed is that?! So I'll try to pick up shifts and if I can't, it looks like I get to play and explore Florida- let the fun begin!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good attitude Laci. Sometimes it's hard to be positive. But it helps when you can be.

Also, Post more pictures of you in costume. I want to see more of our princess!