Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Little Princess

As most of my family and friends know, I recently left Utah to play princess in Florida. Before I left though, a sweet lady in my home ward told me her niece was coming to Disney World with 'Make a Wish.' Little Alyssa was six years old and had cancer. From her precious picture I could see she'd lost all her hair from the treatments, but had a beautiful smile. Well her Dad called me last Thursday and said the family was in Magic Kingdom for the day. I, unfortunately, was in Animal Kingdom and, because it was so last minute, couldn't really do anything. I called Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom, but- long story short- little came from it. A couple days later however, her Dad texted me and said they were going to stop at Magic Kingdom again for lunch and to visit the Princesses one last time, and he asked if I would be there. This time I was! I begged the manager to let me do something for them, and with the help of a lot of people, we were able to set up a 'Magical Moment' in a special VIP room. Cinderella doesn't get to do these anymore for the most part so it was particularly special. When Alyssa walked in the room I could just tell what a sweet girl she was. We talked about her favorite Princess, her favorite color, her favorite animal; we danced; we learned how to be Princesses and had her kiss her baby sister, Mom, and Dad on the cheek; and we spent a very special half hour together. Her dad filmed it so hopefully that will be something they can cherish in years to come. More than anything, I was blessed to spend time with such a beautiful Princess. She really was a Princess in every definition of the word. It's opportunities like that that make my experience in Florida so worthwhile.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Laci, I've been thinking so much about you and wondering how you are doing. Yesterday in RS DeAnna read part of an email she had received from you and mentioned this blog. I'm glad I can read it and keep up with you. I may even leave some (probably annoying) comments. I hope all is going well with you there.
Love, Julie K

Nicole said...

laci! i'm so glad i found your blog! i love looking at your pictures! you must put more on. what a cute story. i miss you girl!